Nation X was a story arc that took place just after Utopia but before Second Coming, with a bit of overlap with Necrosha. Because many of the issues and storylines were unrelated to each other, it was more of a time period than a linear story. The issues aren’t even numbered into chapters, so it’s not a true crossover either, and the read order isn’t so strict. The common theme among the issues is that they showed what life was like aboard Utopia Island, the new headquarters of the X-Men, and some of the difficulties faced by island living and having so many mutants concentrated in one spot.
Alpha Flight members appeared frequently in Nation X, appearing in 14 of the 16 official issues and 5 additional unofficial issues.. During Nation X, both Mister Jeffries and Northstar were members of the X-Men, so this is no surprise. Most of their appearances were minor, or cameos, as expected when there are so many mutants in one spot and just a few books per month to handle them all.
Note that the X-Men Legacy Annual #1 did not have the Nation X logo on the cover, but was the first part of the four part “Devil at the Crossroads” arc, so it is included below.
Note also that there are four issues that took place after the Utopia story arc that do not have the Nation X logo either, but are included below for completeness.
- Nation X #1 – Northstar on cover, Jeffries holds a smoking gun
- Nation X #2 – Kyle story with Aurora as Jeanne-Marie, Northstar gets laid
- Nation X #3 – Diamond Lil funeral, flashback to Diamond Lil’s arrival, Jeffries gets laid, Northstar attends the funeral
- Nation X #4 – Not an Alpha Flight appearance
- Nation X: X-Factor #1 – Shatterstar flirts with Northstar, Northstar rescues Darwin from the Crone
- Uncanny X-Men #515 – Dr. Takiguchi dies, Jeffries suggests cremation, he and Northstar attend the funeral
- Uncanny X-Men #516 – Jeffries meets Magneto, mans the comm console
- Uncanny X-Men #517 – Predator X attack! Northstar takes one out and Jeffries throws metal shards
- Uncanny X-Men #518 – Jeffries sits on Magneto’s bed
- Uncanny X-Men #519 – Jeffries has tech-vision, sees nanobots. Northstar walks with a student
- Uncanny X-Men #520 – Not an Alpha Flight appearance
- Uncanny X-Men #521 – Jeffries in X-Sub, operates virtual orrery. Northstar’s body on a computer screen
- Uncanny X-Men #522 – Kitty Pryde Returns! Jeffries talks with X-Club, Northstar arrests street thug
- X-Men Legacy Annual #1 – Jeffries’ bone marrow sucked out of his face
- X-Men Legacy #228 – Jeffries talks with Cyclops on deck, suggests dimensional firewall
- X-Men Legacy #229 – Jeffries sits with Dr. Nemesis, tests the dimensional firewall
- X-Men Legacy #230 – Jeffries operates the dimensional firewall